COFFEE AND TV


COFFE AND TV
BLUR

It's raining, not cold though. Traffic jams are normal at this time of day. People and cars run like huge snakes down the streets and gutters.
I am hungry and tired. Feeling empty after the day's work.
Commuting is a drag so I'm seeing the rain as a sign to start feeling and seeing things.

Cherry Blossom

I see cheery blossoms because it's nearly April. No, I am lying. It's 3rd March. All I see are yellow rays of light that can't break through the grey clouds. And yellow robes of people of Marakesh. Yes, I see Marakesh in the distance as this snake of cars is rolling out before my eyes all the way to Gibraltar jumping across the straight into the Atlas Mountains.

That's how my mind works or rather rushes to meet my fata Morgana* while commuting through the drops of rain.


If I don't see the desert in the concrete I'll surely go mad. This city is a desert just like my mind and my heart. Maybe there's a well there or a spaceship.
Anyway, I am watching a boy on the bus. He's looking Celtic with his black thick eyebrows, short hair and alabaster skin.
When I put my glasses on I can see that he looks less than ordinary and is really a kid. But my camera sees differently. Am I delusional?
I might be and I don't mind if I am.
He is checking out a girl as it should be. She's not interested or doesn't even care or both. What's the chance of chatting up a girl in public transport? No, it would be too embarrassing.
Are there chance meetings on public transport?
Logic says there must be.
What it all got to do with coffee and tv?
Wait I'm getting there. I could drink coffee every day all day long. And watch TV, in the same fashion as I just wrote about the coffee.
However, I don't consume any of these to the excess. Truth to tell I don't watch TV anymore. I used to be a TV maniac, a true Gargantuan of everything TV-related, you name it: commercials, movies, MTV, recipes, TV shows, shows about animals, popular science, news, anything really my eye stumbled upon.

from Wikipedia

I hear a voice telling me there's some pain in my eyes. No, silly, that's not pain. That's longing for something different and unknown. But don't underestimate pain. Don't underestimate my eyes. They can see the pain but reflect longing. perhaps there`s a pain in my eyes.

It all stopped. Now I don't drink coffee and watch TV. Coffee drinking is related to waking up, stying up and reserved for breakfasts. In the era of YouTube and whatnot, you don't need TV, you can be selective of what you want to watch and use your time wisely. Fingers crossed.

Where am going with this? To Marakesh and back. My feet are buried in the warm sand, my hands are touching the sand and I can feel the sun scorching my face. Vivid imagination.

Back to the rain. It's not cold outside but compared to Marakesh sun it is colder. It's getting colder, I'm afraid. I wish I could meet someone from Morocco. Heard everything decent about those people. It would sure be nice to meet anyone from Morocco. Stop being silly. Start making sense.
No, not me. Ever.

Comments