LIVE AND LEARN

I'm running a risk of what I'm about to write will sound lame or incongruous.

Anyway, it occurred to me that life is a story and we are all participating in writing each other's stories as well as writing our own. The fabric and threads of written and unspoken words get interwoven and entangled. Misunderstandings and misadventures are being written as we speak, along with good intentions gone awry and misconstructions.

This reminds me of those characters we encounter in our stories who look all spick and span on the outside, and then they turn out to be a hollow shell with nothing substantial or meaningful to offer or teach us.

They say we do not encounter people by chance. I learned that's true. My experience has taught me that. Just as we are writers of each other's stories, we are also each other's teachers. We are like pieces of a puzzle fitting in perfectly even though the pieces don't look quite as perfect and they are not perfect. They basically look like shattered pieces of glass.


Regardless of being imperfect and shattered, the pieces fit together. So, you live and you learn. That's the whole point. Or half of it. Whatever the fraction, learning is the key. Learning comes so naturally to us that we don't even notice it. One day you kind of wake up and you find yourself knowing stuff.


Live and Learn by The Cardigans

The other half of the fraction is that learning is painful. That`s why I am sometimes tired of learning. Heartbreaks, for instance, can be unbearable for me. I wish things could be simpler between men and women. I know that`s a utopia but still, I wish we could tell each other straight up what we want or don`t want or if we just don`t know yet.

Heartbreaks can be a mess. I mean, I know they are means of learning about myself, about my weaknesses, about who I really am. However, I always wish I stayed home. I wish to be alone rather than with anyone.

The thing is I would like to be the master of myself, of my thoughts, my fears, my happiness. I know this sounds mad and as trying to harness the wind. Sounds impossible and therefore pointless. Being a master of yourself sounds like a load of rubbish. How can I do that? I don't know.

However, somewhere deep inside my soul whispers that anything is possible. Anything you can imagine or think of is possible. Just depends whether your faith is in the right place. Just that. Easier said than done. But not impossible. If I could only dream my dream.

Comments