THE TWILIGHT ZONE

What I am about to write probably won't sound interesting, fun or very good. It might sound Kafkian. But wouldn't bet on it either. Dream on Ana.


Anyway, I am writing this desperate piece of whatever and can hardly find proper words to express myself. The words...play tricks...they seem to escape me, or it's just my demented brain.
That feeling when you try to hold ice cubes, dry cold as Antarctica and they stick to your warm skin?
As soon as the ice cubes start to melt and drip you cannot hold them anymore, either because they get slippery or because of the penetrating coldness.
I don't know where I am going with this.
The thing is the past two weeks have been a nightmare.

First, I think I feel strange because of the weather. It's been a monsoon week, and I felt like an old tortoise. Maybe I felt more like a Galapagos tortoise. Slow, old, demented. I have no idea how the Galapagos tortoises feel, obviously, let alone if they feel or are demented. Given the size of their brains. Whatever.
I just want to depict the situation.
The toughest part is how to explain the state of my brain.
Demented. Or an early onset of dementia. Or both. Don't ask how. Everything is possible.

Second, I find out I might be Covid positive. Went to get tested etc. Should be easy enough. No way.

I feel like I've been bulldozed, not by fear but by human stupidity.

It boils down to the fact that the doctors don't know shit. They are just there to administer whatever they have been told to administer and you can go to hell afterwards. 

I mean they are very good at administering procedures,very cordial and patient, but not very good at explaining simple things like what's the difference between the tests, why one of the tests is more expensive, which one is more reliable, do I chose or do the doctor tells which one to take.

The question I found interesting the most was regarding the symptoms. I said I didn't have any. I explained that someone I was in contact with was tested positive but had no symptoms.

So, prevention. From spreading it further. 

They apparently test by Nasopharyngeal swab if there are any kind of symptoms. If there are no symptoms they take blood samples (what`s this type of testing called I have yet to find out).

They took my blood sample at 10.00 a.m. in a so-called improvised Covid dispensary  where people get tested. The "separate" dispensary is near the main entrance so there's no true segregation of patients.

The doctor told me to come back for the results at 12.00 and ask for her. When I came for the results, this time I had to go to the main facility, a nurse asked me why I came because the results were not ready yet.

I go, like, huh ?! Of course, the doctor who told me to come was not there.

Why do I suddenly remember that Hitchcock movie with Cary Grant when people make him feel like he`s a total lunatic.

Then another nurse yells at me what I am doing there jeopardizing their health even though she's sitting behind that Plexiglas barrier and I am wearing N95 mask under which I can barely breathe so there's a zilch chance my poisonous breath can reach her. 

Unless, I don't know, it has some magical or alien-like properties to penetrate the barrier. More likely is the scenario of me ripping out the barrier and strangling her.

She continues to yell even though I explained to her that the doctor sent me and I didn't come of my own free will.

But little did she care.

So I just told her: "What a stupid woman you are". Pointless and useless words but the truth.

Obviously, there's no protocol or the doctor and the administration are not on speaking terms or they speak different languages. Beats me, but somehow it's my fault. 

Did I mention I got so pissed off?

Realization: I am not going to die of a virus but of human stupidity.

There's more, but I'm just too drained to go on.
This is just an illustration. Of what?
Lack of organizational skills and logic. And proper communication.

Now, you can ask me, "why didn't you make a phone call before going there or get information on the internet."
I did that but got no conclusive answers. The things they say on TV about the testing and what happens in reality are two different dimensions.

Probably that's the reason my head feels like someone took it from my skull and played football with it. European football.
Maybe there's a reasonable explanation for everything that happened. I don`t know. 

Anyway, the Twilight Zone.
Gaslight. 
North by Northwest
Can't decide which.


Comments