THIS MIGHT SOUND STRANGE


This might sound strange, but I think I am missing some people I met only once. Last year I met a guy from Ankara, a chance meeting at a bus station in Montenegro's small capital. (Do you say small?) He appeared out of nowhere with a girl named Veronica from Argentina. They sort of emerged from the dark asking if there was a bus for Podgorica. Lucky for them there was. We struck up a conversation and instantly connected, as if we knew each other for ages. I'm not trying to add any sort of mysticism to this. The fact is these things just happen. To everyone. It just so happens that from time to time people meet and they just click. That's how it goes. I accept that fact as it is, without any further analysis. Without trying to put into any box or fit it into rational thinking.
Now, how can you miss someone you haven't hanged out with? Better still, how can you miss people you've never even met? Beats me. Maybe it's an imagination or a trick of mind making up stories of what could be. Like, the mind writes movie scripts on it's own, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. There's no particular genre of movie going on in your head, or any particular scene, but there's just this feeling. Maybe it's Covid-induced. Like, I would like to hang out with people, but I can't because I can't travel, so I "miss" them.
It would be interesting to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Comments