RANDOM WRITING

 I woke up and I find myself in the kitchen making my first instant cup of coffee for the day. 

When you live alone you tend to forget you are alone. Or you forget where people are. There are no people. Or rather there are people but they are somewhere out there running their errands, going about their business, oblivious of my existence. Life goes on without me in it even though I am in my life. I am not in theirs. That`s the difference. 

Actually, I live with my parents but it amounts to the same thing as living alone because I have to do everything by myself. Except for cooking. That`s convenient and I am grateful to them for it. We are like roommates, really. No one bothers no one. Like the Big Bang Theory or Friends. It can be fun. 

By the way, I always found them to be very quiet type of people, too quiet for my taste. But now it suits me because I can concentrate on my writing. I need people less and less. Does that make me antisocial, weird...I don`t want to think about it because I am liking being alone. 

Humans can be an unnecessary nuisance, excluding kids and animals. No problems ever with kids or animals if you know how to approach them. 

The adults are a whole different story. St.Exuperry explained it so well in the Little Prince. I don`t want to repeat it. Read it. Learn it by heart. You`ll need it in the future. Trust me. 

Back to my cup of instant coffee. I usually take it with a little honey to make my little bitter life a little sweater. And some milk. The kettle's announcing that the steam is high. The Kettler is calling me "Please, haste away, your water`s ready. Take me and pour some hot water onto those little grains of pretentious coffee." Yep, that Kettler of mine can get all philosophical like that at times. I do pour some coffee into my cup. The liquid in there tastes like and smells like real coffee. Almost. 

"All right Kettler, patience. I am writing. I am having a surge of ideas and inspiration." The Kettler looks at me with understanding. It knows better than some humans. At least it knows how to wait. 

The phone rings.







Comments