A thought on kitchens, etc.

 


The kitchen is my favorite place of all rooms in a home. I love kitchens that have a warmth to them, with mahogany-colored cupboards. The cups make me happy. I don’t even know how many I have.


A kitchen is a place where I not only eat but sometimes use it as a room where I work on my laptop, where I read a book or sit quietly thinking about anything to the sound of the big kitchen clock. I usually spend these moments sitting in silence and would not trade those moments for anything in the world. Sitting alone in silence can be soothing and beyond what words can describe. The kitchen makes me feel safe, I don’t know why.



Drinking Matcha as an addition to the mix of silence, brooding, and listening to the old kitchen clock is also beyond words. The clock is an analog one bought by my parents in Prague when it was in Czechoslovakia. It definitely adds to the feeling of warmth and safety.


Sitting in my kitchen, with or without the tea, is a priceless experience for which I am infinitely grateful. It makes me wonder if silence can be shared with just anyone. You can easily share a conversation over a cup of tea or coffee with anyone, but silence, I don’t know. I don’t think silence can be shared with just anyone. I heard someone say that if you find a person you can share the silence with, grab them, and don’t let them go.

Comments