The Queen of Lies

I once knew a regular queen of lies. She was the queen of lies like no other woman I have ever met. She would lie in such a way that you would not get confused or notice anything suspicious. The story would make perfect sense, was plausible enough except that the story was not her story. It was always someone else’s life story and she new quite a number of other people’s life stories. People opened up to her easily that’s probably where she gathered her intelligence. She would also add a thing or two of her own making. She had a great imagination and she was a writer. 

I wasn’t aware that she could read people too. She knew what to say and to whom. Usually to spread rumors and true information combined into a lethal dose. Maybe she could read minds. She told me her story how she came from Poland having being expelled from her family, etc. But it was all a lie. I know because one time she told me she went to Poland and spent a year there. So she wasn’t born there. Why there? It’s a long story as to why. I think she read all that in a book, the story she told me about herself.

Comments