HUMBLE BRAGGERS

 I’ve recently came upon this phrase. An oxymoron really. Also, I have noticed some people on the internet have a problem with the wording and I say it’s a perfect wording for this overwhelmingly far reaching phenomenon.

Plus, haven’t you noticed how we are all made up of oxymoron, of contradictions and paradox? Is it any wonder that someone came up with that phrase?

Recently I met a person who is basically a self-promoter with such a verbosity that all sorts of irrelevant information about them are gushing endlessly - or mildly put - a verbal diarrhea. 

So what’s the appropriate course of action? Should I do anything at all and just “click ignore”? The thing is they have infiltrated themselves into the lives of my two best friends. Not that I am too thrilled. I am not thrilled at all because the friends lack basic sensibility to recognize the fact that they should not mix people who have nothing in common. It’s admirable how they consider me so magnanimous. That’s flattering. But everyone has their limitations.

In my case I can’t stand bragging, or better to say pompous braggers. Why did I named this entry Humble Braggers when this person is everything but humble and there is no such  thing as humble bragging. The oxymoron just serves the purpose of explaining how such people see themselves. 

They see themselves as humble. That’s damned sure. But obviously they don’t see themselves as braggers or self-promoters that pitch themselves as a product. That’s their thing obviously. 

They lack the basics knowledge of who they are. That is overwhelmingly obvious too. You’ll find explanations on the internet how they are insecure and depressed. Who isn’t! The tragedy is they lack self-awareness!

So what can you do? Ignore, make fun of their super-ego tripping in hope they would learn something, which is a long shot. Or just avoid them? Or think you are better then them just because you possess basic self-awareness? Whatever you do will be wrong. In my opinion. So there is no visible solution to this problem. If you think you have a solution, please leave a comment.

Comments