The Friendship Aborted

 Strange things happening in my life these days. I can’t wait for the October to end. 

Once a Russian women, who was supposed to be counted among friends, told me that the man I introduced her to was a crook and tried to break her and me. Or rather to break asunder the friendship aborted. The sentence sounds silly. You can’t beak something that obviously did not reach the full bloom.

Anyway, now the Crook and the Russian lady are together now. The Crook and the Russian Lady - that sounds like a short story by Dostoyevsky or Agatha Christie. Oh yes, his sister is in the picture too. She probably orchestrated the whole thing. Why? Users the pair of them. I wrote about this “escapade” once before. Now it’s back to haunt me. 

This Russian Lady told me once, when I tried to warn her against him (and at the time didn’t know that there was the sister) and she told me to stop judging him. So, now I am amazed at her “magnanimity” to come to me and tell me how good I look. And? What’s that got to do with anything?  Beats me!

Anyway this reminds me of one of the Jane Austen’s novels. Can’t remember the title unfortunately, maybe you do. It’s the one where this brother and sister come into a wealthy family to stir the pot, survey the situation and family relations in an attempt to ingratiate themselves into their fortune. Good old Jane Austen.

 Such a treasure, just like Shakespeare, Dickens, Dostoyevsky, Balzac, Chekhov, and the like who warned us against predators, human idiocy, and taught us about the beauty of true hearts and friendships at the same time.

It is clear to me that the Russian lady never read Jane Austen. Oh yeah, one more thing: Russian women are supposed to be something else. 

No. They are not. They are mostly the difficult kind, unfortunately. I naively thought they are true, steadfast. No. They are flaky. I guess that’s human nature. So be warned. 

Finally, I think it’s pretty much safe to say that the Crook and the Russian Lady deserve each other. Well, such is life. And life shall go on!

DISMANTLE! AND DO NOT ATTEMPT ASSEMBLING BACK!



Comments