Events 2 - A modest proposal or on deodorants and climate change

 There is too much going on. I cannot stand too much information or news. There is too much going on. There are too many days in a week and hours too. Too many people on the streets. Too much regret. I have a feeling they will abolish the weekends. Just a hunch. 

I think that is an identity crisis. At least I have some identity, that is good news. The financial crisis is just plain boring. Old news. A cliche. How many of those are coming in the future? We Serbs and many other distinguished peoples of the Balkans, we are all very used to all sorts of crises. All sorts. Wars, genocide on every nook and corner, hate, envy, people drooling over the other`s plate in case they spot a bigger piece of meat. Guess what will they do? Drool? No!

And the cackle of media geese saying we should save electricity, gas, food, water, plants, forests, continents, oceans, animals, and air. While the rich send their super fighter stealth airplanes and other Airbuses and whatnot to fly around like butterflies from flower to flower. So romantic. 

Does anyone even remember the deodorants from the `90s? Those were proclaimed vicious culprits behind the holes in the ozone layer. They were and are not outlawed as far as I can see. No one speaks about the whole. Unless it is black. These Newspeak mongrels changed it into climate change. 

Now I have to bear the blame and feel guilt for using deodorants or electricity just because the bunch of wealthy guys wants more money. Does not make any sense to me. 

More, more, and more money. It means more traffic, more fuel consumption, and more carbon. So now I need an electric chair, I mean a car, and what`s next that I need? A fuelless car? Electric? Running on water? But there is a shortage of water. People in Africa starving. Dying from thirst, Ebola (but not Coronavirus. Very interesting.)

 I have a modest proposal. 

Since starvation and poverty are more pressing issues in the world today if we include the sickening war in Ukraine that is probably doing more environmental damage than some carbon footprint; whatever that silly phrase means; that can be capped off by simply having a smaller number of aircraft in the air and therefor lower air traffic. Not to mention Ukraine and Russia making peace. That would also help. But that seems to be a utopia. 

How about the richest countries try to open work opportunities in Africa and India. 

How about white people stop being greedy for once. 

How about all those rich people start using bicycles, and solar panels, or give us the opportunity to make use of private mini-dams. 

How about a more fair society with not so liberal decentralized market? 

Fair? Are you kidding me? 

Wake up! 

Make no mistake I am not a leftist or rightist. I do not label myself. Period. Ende.


Comments