I woke up to Come As You Are or on immature men




I am not a particular Nirvana fan, but I woke up this morning to this song. Weird! Haven`t been listening to this band for years. I watched a documentary on Cobain`s life and realized his mother was the problem. Some mothers are like a curse.
I think he was probably bipolar or just depressed until he ended up in despair. A very dangerous place to be.

What I can infer from the lyrics is that he was very bitter and disappointed in humanity, hence huge distrust. He definitely did not like himself. Another gift from his mother.

You do not need a degree in psychology to be able to discern or rather see someone`s soul. Just take a look at the relationship with their mother and you will know everything you need to know. That being said, we all hide that part of our lives.

Also, we fail to ask and find out. I think getting to know someone`s relationship with their mother could save a lot of trouble and keep you away from the perplexities of dealing with the immaturity in some men.

Immaturity is a parent's fault. Harsh truth, but it IS the truth. It is not condemnation or judgment. It is a fact.

Some men refuse to grow up. It is one thing to refuse to grow up and try to be childlike and another to be a grown-up who refuses to take responsibility for his life and especially for his relationships.

This is one of the reasons why I instinctively and out of reflex avoid being with immature men who fail to dig deeper.

As for Cobain, I think I can understand him. I can find in me sympathy and empathy for his feelings of despair and deep loneliness, and emptiness inside. I have been there many times. I am not ashamed to admit to it. The good thing is I know how to get out of despair and shake off its many poisons.

Anyway, his ambivalent lyrics speak of his own ambivalence towards the so-called friends, as if he wanted desperately to trust, but his trust was always betrayed because friends can backstab you. If we replace the word "friends" with the word "mother" we can understand his sentiment more clearly and how it was transferred from his mother to the world around him. 

So he wants his friends to be "soaked in bleach". It`s as if he`s saying "Be who you are, stop faking it". I am sure he hated the fakers. Wounded people hate. Wounded people are sarcastic, bitter, and distrustful. I do not judge them. Also, one thing is clear. He did have a gun. A cry for help that was blowing in the wind. I think he was beyond anyone`s help. Now I understand why he did it. Or I think I do.

Comments